From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 6:43 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Wind Pressure Coefficients

Hi everybody,

I performed some wind tunnel tests and now I have to calculate the wind pressure coefficients based on the generated pressure data. However, I have a doubt about the reference height used to calculate the wind speed (dynamic pressure). What is the reference height that I could use in this calculation?

I got through some literature references and some of them indicated the building height as an alternative. Is that the best choice?

I will simulate natural ventilation using Airflow Network group. So, I will input those data in AirflowNetwork:MultiZone: WindPressureCoefficientValues.

Thank you so much,

Posted by: Lixing Gu <gu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: