[EnergyPlus_Support] Setting PATH environment variable for EnergyPlus linux installation

Dear all,

I just installed EnergyPlus on a linux system following the instructions here Linux Installation Instructions | EnergyPlus

However, it fails to run when I used ./runenergyplus IDFFile WeatherFile. I think this is because EnergyPlus was not installed in the standard location due to admin rights such that ./runenergyplus canâ??t find the files.

The installation instructions say to modify the PATH environment variable to point to the bin directory of the EnergyPlus installation (Point 9 under install EnergyPlus of the installation instructions). However, I canâ??t find any documentation on how to do this. Hence any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I got the following error message indicating that runenergyplus can't find the files

Error Message

File 'eplusout.end' does not exist.

./runenergyplus: line 544: /usr/EnergyPlus/bin/ReadVarsESO: No such file or directory

./runenergyplus: line 545: /usr/EnergyPlus/bin/ReadVarsESO: No such file or directory

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Adrian

Posted by: adrianchong85@xxxxxxxxx