[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Setting PATH environment variable for EnergyPlus linux installation





Dear all,


I just installed EnergyPlus on a linux system following the instructions here Linux Installation Instructions | EnergyPlus


However, it fails to run when I used ./runenergyplus IDFFile WeatherFile. I think this is because EnergyPlus was not installed in the standard location due to admin rights such that ./runenergyplus canâ??t find the files. 

The installation instructions say to modify the PATH environment variable to point to the bin directory of the EnergyPlus installation (Point 9 under install EnergyPlus of the installation instructions). However, I canâ??t find any documentation on how to do this. Hence any help on this would be greatly appreciated.


I got the following error message indicating that runenergyplus can't find the files

Error Message 

File 'eplusout.end' does not exist.

./runenergyplus: line 544: /usr/EnergyPlus/bin/ReadVarsESO: No such file or directory

./runenergyplus: line 545: /usr/EnergyPlus/bin/ReadVarsESO: No such file or directory


Thanks in advance.


Regards,

Adrian




__._,_.___

Posted by: adrianchong85@xxxxxxxxx


EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___