From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:02 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problem with AirflowNetwork

Hello, everybody!

I'm simulating a 4 zones model (two on the ground, one on the side and one above the first two) using the EnergyPlus model of natural ventilation.

I have reviewed the model in the SketchUp and DXF file. It's OK, but I am getting the following warnings:

Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 8.4.0-832e4bb9cb, YMD=2016.11.01 00:36,IDD_Version 8.4.0
   ** Warning ** GetAirflowNetworkInput: SurfaceAverageCalculation is entered for field = Wind Pressure Coefficient Type, but no roof surface is defined using an AirflowNetwork:MultiZone:Surface object.
   **   ~~~   ** Reconsider if this is your modeling intent. Simulation continues.
   ** Warning ** GetAirflowNetworkInput: SurfaceAverageCalculation is entered for field = Wind Pressure Coefficient Type.
   **   ~~~   ** The AirflowNetwork model provides wind pressure coefficients for 4 vertical exterior orientations and 1 horizontal roof.
   **   ~~~   **  There are only 2 exterior surface orientations defined in this input file using AirflowNetwork:MultiZone:Surface objects.
   **   ~~~   ** Reconsider if this is your modeling intent. Simulation continues.
   ************* Testing Individual Branch Integrity
   ************* All Branches passed integrity testing
   ************* Testing Individual Supply Air Path Integrity
   ************* All Supply Air Paths passed integrity testing
   ************* Testing Individual Return Air Path Integrity
   ************* All Return Air Paths passed integrity testing
   ************* No node connection errors were found.
   ************* Beginning Simulation
   ************* Simulation Error Summary *************
   ************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
   ************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.
   ************* EnergyPlus Completed Successfully-- 3 Warning; 0 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 18.47sec

Could someone explain to me what this is and which is the possible cause of the problem?

Thanks for regards,

Paulo Roberto.

Posted by: Lixing Gu <gu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: