Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Perez direct/diffuse spliting model

Ned,

Your mention of "odd calculations around dawn and sunset at times" may be related to my observation in 2013 that the sun position calculated by the WeatherConverter was off an hour compared to another source (see plots from Nov 13 2013 e-mail sent to the EnergyPlus Team. Base data was ASHRAE IWEC weather file for London, WC2 is recalculated Dir Nor using the same Global Horizontal.  Notice that the source GHI and DNI are symetrical, while the WC2 DNI is not and more spiky.

If the sun position is inconsistent with the recorded data, you will tend to see spikes at sunrise and sunset hours, as the model tries to adjust for an abnormally high or low amount of solar for the amount of time the sun is above the horizon at those hours.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A