Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] exhsaust from conditioned space for cooling condenser

Hi Julien,

I mostly use E+ for the refrigeration system module, and for the air condensers of some of the refrigeration systems there is the option to use an air exhaust node (for Air Inlet Node Name), otherwise the default node (if left blank) for condensers inlet is the outside DB. As follows for instance:

Refrigeration:GasCooler:AirCooled,
    RefrigGasCooler,         !- Name
    GasCoolerHRCurve,        !- Rated Total Heat Rejection Rate Curve Name
    Fixed,                   !- Gas Cooler Fan Speed Control Type
    8000.0,                  !- Rated Fan Power {W}
    0.2,                     !- Minimum Fan Air Flow Ratio {dimensionless}
    27.0,                    !- Transition Temperature {C}
    3.0,                     !- Transcritical Approach Temperature {DeltaC}
    10.0,                    !- Subcritical Temperature Difference {DeltaC}
    10.0,                    !- Minimum Condensing Temperature {C}
    ,                        !- Air Inlet Node Name
    RefrigGasCooler;         !- End-Use Subcategory

And you said use EMS; I am ok to do that, but which one is "exhaust air node of your airloopHVAC" for the ExampleFile I referred. The only ExampleFiles I saw where the "exhaust air node" is explicitly defined is for those with "AirflowNetwork". I never looked at the use of "AirflowNetwork" before, and also did not want to spend on this new application if it would easily be figured out with simpler simulations. Anyway thanks for your input.

I will do a further assessment if I need to spend more time on this versus the potential energy reclaim/benefit.

Regards,

TA