Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Properties of Argon and other inert gases used in Glazing systems

Hi,

They are harcoded in the source code: DataHeatBalance.cc#L605.

It looks weird, but consider it a table with 3 rows, and 10 columns. The first 4 columns are actually used, in order, by  Air, Argon, Krypton, Xenon.
It actually looks better in the original Fortran code (see here)

If you want to track down what's happening, HeatBalanceManager.cc (check out a few lines later) and WindowManager.cc are the two others files where you need to look.

You probably want to check out the entire Window Heat Balance section of the documentation (online here)

Good luck.

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Owner at EffiBEM

LinkedIn (en) | (fr) :

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can see the properties of Air, Argon or other inert gases that Energy Plus use when we select them in "WindowMaterial:Gas" for using them in glazing systems?

Thank you,
Amrita

Posted by: Julien Marrec <julien.marrec@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: