From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:05 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] LBNL Window IDF Problem

Yeah, there are definitely some shortfalls. E+ frames are "equivalent" in the broad sense. They are the same non-real dimension all round. That center-to-edge value is the key to how e+ uses its equivalent frame to simulate the resulting energy transfers. I often find myself using "no frame" and reverse engineering a only glazing window to roughly equate U and SHGC to simply the process.

I documented my proceedure for producing the correct IDF inputs from EU rating values which goes through stripping of rated EU air film values and adding back USA values, etc. There may be some interesting sources from the researchers who came up with those frame values back in the day. It's hosted under www.designbuilder-big.com under the downloads section, I think. I even think it's in English?

Perhaps it's worth your time to give it a quick read over...if only for the references.