Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus Air Speed

Dear Esteban,

You won't be able to get the air velocity only mass flow rate or volumetric flow rate.

Sincerely,

Alberto Hernandez Neto
Phone: +55113091 9672
email: ahneto@xxxxxx

Em ter., 23 de jun. de 2020 às 12:21, Esteban Estrella Guillén estebanestrellag@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

Hello,

I'm simulating a free-running building, with natural ventilation activated (air flow network) based on setpoints. I need to have the average Air Speed (m/s) of each zone as an output for some calculations but haven't found a way to do it. A proxy output that I could use to calculate or approximate air speed would work as well. The closest thing I found in the engineering reference is AFN Zone Mixing Mass Flow Rate [kg/s], yet it doesn't show up in my model outputs... I think the air speed might be already calculated by EnergyPlus or could be approximated, but I haven't found a way to get it as an output. If anybody could help me out, thanks!

--

Esteban Estrella Guillén
Arquitecto | MDes '18 | LEED AP BD+C

__._,_.___

Posted by: Alberto Hernandez Neto <ahneto@xxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the &quot;search&quot; button.

Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use