Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Yahoo Groups is shutting down

Jason,
    I am leaning towards creating a mailing list on one building.org.

Santosh

On Friday, October 23, 2020, 04:38:28 AM PDT, Jason Glazer jglazer@xxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jean and other EnergyPlus_Support members,

Since the end of last year when Yahoo Groups announced reducing the features in their mailing lists (removing archives and making it more difficult to subscribe) we have been considering various options, none of them ideal. I put together a survey in January with the results showed below:

To be honest, the low number of people that responded (69 of 5100) made it difficult to feel like the results were a consensus of the group. Now Yahoo Groups is completely shutting down all of their groups including this one on December 15 and a decision needs to be made. I have been considering many options but the following two are my recommendations:
  • Create a new energyplus_support mailing list on onebuilding.org like bldg-sim and equest-users and other mailing lists (I'm familiar with this since I administer those other lists) and move the archive there.
Any opinions on this?

Should we have another survey?

I know there are a lot of other options also. I welcome a discussion on this.

Jason