Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Yahoo Groups is shutting down

Jason

Onebuilding and an Unmet Hours are based on code written in the previous email millennials and barely enhanced since. They work. And they were great in their day. But the apps look and feel really old timey - built by boomers.

I would certainly be happy with a move to Groups.io. If somebody is willing to do the work, Groups will allow for importing the history of all the Yahoo Group messages and the entire list of addresses.

But if you want to attract a younger generation I would go with Discourse. Discourse is used by Ladybug Tools, Three.js and many others. See the customer list here:

https://www.discourse.org/customers

Discourse supports email really well and it's a great forum app with a lot of features. For example, here is a link to a post that embeds my interactive 3D Ladybug Tools / Spider IDF Viewer:

https://discourse.ladybug.tools/t/spider-idf-viewer-alpha-release/10062

In any case the main thing is not letting the membership list disappear and finding a way to enable ongoing dialog.

Theo