[Equest-users] Load Distribution for Under FLoor Air

Lam, Linda linda.lam at sf.fk.com
Thu Jul 24 11:53:04 PDT 2008

Dear Fellow eQuest Users:

I am trying to model Under Floor Air and I have a question regarding
modeling the load distribution.  Based on the guidelines by Energy
Design Resources (http://www.energydesignresources.com/resource/201/)
it seems as if the lighting, equipment, people and solar loads should be
proportioned between the space and the plenum.  I understand that
fraction of light heat can be assigned an input but what is the best way
to split up the equipment, people and solar heat?

For equipment, I was considering the following approach:  Multiply the
EPD by 85%, and use that as the EPD for the space.  Then multiply EPD by
15% and use that EPD for the plenum.  I would have to assign a schedule
to the plenum, but does anyone know if eQuest will still account for the
heat gain in the plenum if it is unconditioned?

For people, I would do the same as above but multiply the Total Heat
Gain (ie 450 Btu/h) by the appropriate %.

For solar..?

I'd appreciate any comments and suggestions- Thanks in advance!

Linda Lam

  FLACK + KURTZ

405 Howard St.

Suite 500

San Francisco, CA 94105

http://www.flackandkurtz.com <http://www.flackandkurtz.com/>

415.398.3833 Main

415.402.5813 Direct

415.433.5311 Fax
linda.lam at sf.fk.com

Ensuring that today's built environment preserves the natural
environment in which we live.

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this email is strictly forbidden.