[Equest-users] Air side HVAC

B. Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Thu Apr 1 06:35:04 PDT 2010

The other thing to consider is that DOE-2 forces an air balance in every
zone.  If the zonal (local) exhaust is less that the OA delivered then the
balance is exhausted at the central system exhaust.

In terms of heat recovery, only air exhausted at the central unit is
available for heat recovery.  By specifying zonal exhaust, that exhaust
flow rate is not passed through the heat recovery device (if specified).