[Equest-users] How to Change the building orientation in detailed mode

Ming Li mli at cadworks.net
Thu Jul 15 13:45:18 PDT 2010

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it!

From: Nick Caton [mailto:ncaton at smithboucher.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:44 PM
To: Jeremy McClanathan; Ming Li; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: RE: [Equest-users] How to Change the building orientation in detailed mode

Jeremy is describing how to simply alter the model's rotation in detailed mode (and he's absolutely right).  There's a better way however when you need to calculate multiple orientations as you're describing.

To save time, click Tools --> Parametric Runs... and create (3) new runs for each rotation (90, 180, 270).  Create a component in each new run that alters the building Azimuth variable.  Reference the screengrab below.

After this, each time you hit calculate, you'll have the option to do all 4 orientations in one go, and you'll have 4 sets of results to peruse in addition.  Major timesaver!

Also, the onebuilding.org mailing list archives are a godsend - check em' out too if you need a fast answer in the future ;).

[cid:image002.png at 01CAD62F.EE40C6B0]

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, E.I.T.
PROJECT ENGINEER