[Equest-users] Right sizing of equipment aka sleeping giant

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:07:02 PDT 2010

All,

Should always be the goal but it is soooo hard to define. I have worked on
tiny commercial buildings as well as huge commercial buildings. All types.
Right sizing is always my goal and as far as I know is always the goal of
the ME's. It was mine when I did HVAC design work. Building occupants are
intolerant of too hot and too cold. And, in a building of any size with more
than one person in it you will find disagreement about whether it is too hot
or too cold at least some of the time. So what do you do? Especially if you
are just the hapless, overworked, under paid energy modeler? You can see my
project list if you want to. If you listen closely you will hear whatever
opinion you want to hear about me and my work. Thank god for VFDs, VRVs and
EC motors, eh?

--
Carol Gardner PE