[Equest-users] Under sized cooling coil

Brad L. Huff BradH at BVHis.com
Tue Oct 19 14:02:26 PDT 2010

All,

I am modeling a portion of a 100% outside air lab in a type 5A climate zone. The area is below ground/has interior walls so there is no fenestration. The system has two chilled water air handling units and VAV boxes with zone reheat. The two AHU's run 24/7 at a constant CFM because the supply air is driven by a required air change rate per room type.
My problem is:
-     I have too many unmet cooling hours when allowing e-Quest to auto-size the cooling coil capacity of the air handling units
Diagnosis:
-          The delta T of the cooling coil never gets above 7 degrees F any day of the summer.
-          e-Quest severely undersized the cooling coils from a design day. (I have calculated the design day cooling load by hand)
-          No warnings in the Sim report

I have tried troubleshooting the system for a couple of days but am unable to find the reason e-Quest is under sizing the cooling coil capacity. I have attached the .inp file. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Brad
Brad Huff, E.I.T., Mechanical Engineer I BVH Integrated Services I 860.286.9171 tel I 860.242.0236 fax I 50 Griffin Road South, Bloomfield CT 06002 I www.bvhis.com<blocked::www.bvhis.com>