[Equest-users] Utility Meters and SubMeters in eQuest

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Jul 14 15:47:27 PDT 2011

Hi Seun,

Hmm... I checked a previous project with sub-metering and did not find
the same discrepancy between BEPU totals and the other reports... EM1's
figures appear inclusive (not exclusive) of the sub-metered energies on
PS-B.  I could see that being unintuitive the way it's presented, and
perhaps that's the root of the issue here?

PS-E and PS-F take the PS-B report further - one of those should show
the sum totals for "all electric meters," broken out by energy end-use.
That would seem a good place to start, to ensure all your sub-metered
loads are being modeled and are accounted for.  I am seeing BEPU totals
that match, so if you see a mis-match it may be a sign that the
sub-meters aren't correctly assigned to the utility meter (EM1)?

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers