[Equest-users] Setting Return Temperature

Patrick Keeney 38keeney at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Mon Jun 13 08:16:55 PDT 2011

Hey All,

I am trying to control my systems based on the delta T of the supply and
return air.  I have looked around quite a bit to solve how to control this
parameter, but can only think/find one solution that I am skeptical about.

The only way that I could figure how to control this is to:

- set the supply air temperature under the Air-Side HVAC System under
the heating and cooling tabs...the "Zone Entering Max Supply Temp" and the
"Zone Entering Min Supply Temp" parameters, respectively
- then set the zone indoor design temperature (and reset the thermostat
setpoints to the same temperature) to control the return temperature

One other question, is there any way to set the cooling "zone entering min
supply temp" (under Air-Side HVAC System Parameters/ cooling sub-tab) to a
value greater than 70 F... an error pops up if you try to set this value
higher than 70 deg F.  Same thing for the heating "zone entering max supply
temp"

Thank you all very much for the help.

--
Patrick J Keeney