[Equest-users] LEED DES Modeling

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Mon Dec 24 13:33:23 PST 2012

Dear All,

We are modeling a building served by a district heating system. We opted
to use Option 1 under DES guidelines and are also using the latest
Section 1.4 Tables for reporting (December 2012 version).

The new report does not allow us to report secondary HW pumping in our
proposed building, with a note saying that buildings should be modeled
as primary-only per G3.1.3.5. Effectively, it is asking us to model our
proposed building in a different fashion than it has been designed.

Looking at the DES guidelines, I haven't seen any remark to this effect.
All it says is that all downstream equipment shall be modeled explicitly.

Anyone has any experience with this?

Thanks a lot,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP, ASHRAE CPMP
Mimta