[Equest-users] Increased Energy for Cooling with Increasing Insulation and Decreasing Infiltration

CleanTech Analytics jeremiah at cleantechanalytics.com
Sun Jun 10 22:09:47 PDT 2012

I have seen similar in Energy Plus and was surprised at first, but came to
realize insulation does a good job at heating, as does reduction of
infiltration, but for cooling insulating above code and a tight building
can trap heat.
Question, does your model have large internal gain> if so this would
explain it..

*Jeremiah D. Crossett*
*CleanTech Analytics*
*503-688-8951*
*www.cleantechanalytics.com* <http://www.cleantechanalytics.com>

*

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech
Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied,
stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of
CleanTech Analytics
*