[Equest-users] window switching crashing eQuest v3.64

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Tue Oct 9 09:37:20 PDT 2012

Thank you Deepika.  Just found this in the Topics PDF:

The GLASS-TYPE keyword accepts the U-name of the glass types for the unswitched (clear) state and GLASS-TYPE-SW accepts the U-name of the glass type for the

fully switched (colored) state.  Both of these glass types have GLASS-TYPE-CODE > 1000 and must be chosen from the library (see "Window Library Method").

An error will result if the number of glass layers is different for GLASS-TYPE and GLASS-TYPE-SW.

So it looks like you can't model simplified U-value/SC windows.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, P.E., LEED AP
Senior Associate
1010 N. Glebe Road, Suite 200