[Equest-users] Modeling Infiltration with Known Blower Door Test

Walter Bright walter_bright at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 25 14:18:16 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I am modeling a small commercial building (~5,000sqft) that had some
ceiling air barrier improvements.  There was essentially no air barrier
except for the dropped ceiling and the contractor went in and added a
building wrap type material to the bottom of the truss system to help
tighten it up.  I have blower door tests before and after with CFM50 data.
I can extrapolate that into CFM with the divide by 20 approximation, but I
wanted to see if eQuest had a better way of doing it.  I have not found
much discussion on this in my searching so any help is appreciated!

Thanks Again,

Wally