[Equest-users] What do reports report?

Daniel Knapp danielk at arborus.ca
Tue Feb 10 12:26:27 PST 2015

eQUEST is based on the DOE2 simulation engine. DOE2 starts by calculating the building heating and cooling loads. These loads are calculated assuming a constant space temperature. Once the loads are calculated, DOE2 moves on to calculating the system response to meet the loads. At this point, adjustments are made to account for the actual space temperatures. In addition, the load from conditioning incoming outdoor air is also calculated. Finally, DOE2 calculates the plant response required to serve the heating/cooling needs of the systems.

LS-A shows the peak loads in each space and the time of the peak for each space. Note that the times of the peak can be different for each space. If you want the whole building, look at the LS-C report.

SS-A shows the load by month for a single system.

SS-D shows the peak load for the whole building.

Note that the sum of the SS-A peaks will not necessarily equal the peak load for the whole building as the peak loads for individual systems may be happening at different times.

Hope that helps,
Dan

—
Daniel Knapp, PhD, PPhys, LEED® AP O+M
danielk at arborus.ca

Arborus Consulting
Energy Strategies for the Built Environment
www.arborus.ca
76 Chamberlain Avenue
Ottawa, ON, K1S 1V9
Phone: (613) 234-7178 ext. 113