[Equest-users] Condensing boiler curve issues

Adam Barker ABarker at pemi.com
Fri Sep 25 13:38:52 PDT 2015

Sure Brian, thanks, and thanks to the others that responded.

I believe what's happening has to do with the part load, which as you say seems to have a big influence, as well as how the boilers are staged (or aren't staged).  My boilers are at very low part loads most of the time.  As mentioned if I increase that return water temperature, not touching anything else, my fuel use goes down.  Looking at PS-C, it is going up at higher part loads, but getting better, i.e. going down, at very low part loads - where my boilers are spending most of their time operating, hence the net decrease in energy consumption.

PS-C results for my lead boiler (does most of the work)
At 80F return water temp:
[cid:image002.png at 01D0F7B0.907CD7F0]

At 100 F return water temp:
[cid:image001.png at 01D0F7AF.531113F0]

At 120F return water temp (which is probably closest to reality, but I don't trust the results):
[cid:image003.png at 01D0F7B0.907CD7F0]

Am I getting to the fringes of this curve's limits so its starting to go out of whack?

Regards,

Adam