[TRNSYS-users] Cooling Load (TRNBuild) to Absorption Cycle (TRNSYS)

Angel Carrera angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop
Fri Apr 5 01:35:25 PDT 2013

Dev,

there are several ways you can face the problem, and you should choose
depending on where's the focus of your work and the required level of
precission. Given that you already have calculated the loads, the easiest
way could be print them in an external file with type 25. With this, in a
separate .tpf, use a data reader to impose those loads on your absorption
cycle project, converting them from energy to flows (one option is type
682, from TESS, or if you lack the specific libraries a set of wquations
can also work).
You can of course couple the building and absorption system in a single
project, as you are trying to do. In that case, you will have to define
additional inputs to your building, usually to characterize the ventilation
types to your zone (assuming you have air distribution).
Regarding your error message, I am not able to guess what it's going on
inside without the project files. Good luck!

Angel

Angel

2013/4/5 dev sharma <devsharmami at gmail.com>

> Hello All,
>
> I’m simulating solar assisted absorption cycle in TRNSYS. For Cooling
> load, I’ve simulated an office space in TRNBuild. Please guide me as
> to how can I use the load being calculated by TRNBuild model in my
> TRNSYS model?
>
> I tried copying the building components in my absorption cycle studio
> file (and linked every component the right way), but as soon as I try
> to run the file it gives this message “ TRNEdit.exe has encountered a
> problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”. And I
> lose the combined file. Am I doing something wrong? Should it work
> ideally?
>
> Please help me guys, as to how can I use the load calculated at
> real-time by the TRNBuild model in my Absorption Cycle TRNSYS model.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Dev Sharma
> Erasmus Mundus Masters in Sustainable Energy
> KTH, Stockholm & UPC, Barcelona
> Mobile: +34635104882 (Spain)

*Àngel Carrera*

*Consultor Senior
Àrea tècnica*

Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica SCCL
C/ Roger de Llúria, 29 3r 2a 08009 Barcelona
Mòbil: (+34) 663 27 66 80
Tel: (+34) 93 342 47 55
Fax: (+34) 93 342 47 56

angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop