[BLDG-SIM] Building Simulation Software???

Michael Wilson mwilsonbc at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 12:05:03 PST 2003

If you're based in Winnipeg, when you talk about
government incentive programs you probably mean CBIP.
For CBIP you have to use EE4, which is their front end
for Doe2.1e. EE4 is really just intended for CBIP
compliance and isn't so useful for modelling. I
believe most people in Canada are sticking with 2.1e
because its the CBIP engine. At any rate, whatever
front end you use you really need to understand Doe-2
well to get valid results.

--- "Aulbach, John" <JAulbach at semprasolutions.com>
wrote:
> Try the eQuest program, a DOE-2.2 engine (DOE-2
> "Next Generation") with a
> reasonable windows interface, and FREE
> (www.doe2.com). If you haven't
> "flown" DOE-2 before, understanding it's
> idiosyncrasies may require an
> extensive learning curve. But it currently seem to
> be the current "latest
> and greatest" program to fill MOST bills.
>
> Until EnergyPlus becomes user friendly (Sorry,
> Jason).

=====
Michael Wilson
455 Elphinstone Ave.