Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather File

On 30 Oct 2001, at 18:04, wlm@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Regarding the weather files - epw format, I have the following questions:
>
> 1. If I create the weather file by myself, the format shall be
> fully comply to epw or not?

The format must match.  Some variables are not used, but there must
be the correct number of header rows and commas must be included as
place holders even if some fields are left blank.  Review the report
variables for Outdoor Dry Bulb, Diffuse Solar, etc. to check that the
correct values are being used in the simulation.

> 2. Can the column of data source be deleted or not?

The data source is informational, so it may be left blank, but a
comma placeholder must be present.

> 3. The EP program can still running or not if the input data is
> not 8760 hours?

An epw file may be less than 8760 hours, but the data periods fields
must be consistent with the range of dates in the data block.  The
range of date in the RUN PERIOD object in the idf file must not go
outside the range of available data in the epw file.

> Regards,

> http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM

http://www.eren.doe.gov/buildings/energy_tools/energyplus/