Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Geometry

If you are working with the solarshadingtest example file, you will
see that there are four report variables requested which each produce
an output for every heat transfer surface in the building:

Report variable,*,Surface Inside Temperature,daily;
Report variable,*,Surface Outside Temperature,daily;
Report variable,*,Surface Int Convection Coeff,daily;
Report variable,*,Surface Ext Convection Coeff,daily;

Deleting two or more of these will reduce the number of variables to
less than 254 so that you can see all of the outputs in the csv file.

Mike

On 1 Apr 2002, at 9:00, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> At 04:50 AM 3/31/02, you wrote:
> >If you modeled the floor and  the roof of zone 8 of the example file
> >solarshadingtest.idf with two rectangles the message you get during
> >simulation is "too many variables requested, will go with first 254" and
> >the results you get in the spreadsheet are different.
>
> This message actually comes out of the post-processor because Microsoft
> Excel limits their number of variables to 254.  The eplusout.eso file will
> have all the variables that you have requested in it and you would need to
> run the post processor multiple times (with different inputs) to get all
> the variables.
>
> I'm not sure what results you are referring to being different.
>
> >Does Energyplus accept negative coordinates for geometry?
> >

> It should.
>
> Linda

SALE --> Wireless Video Cameras
for Home Surveillance! VERY TINY! PRICE BREAKTHROUGH - $79.99!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/W0toNC/7o6DAA/yigFAA/dkFolB/TM