[EnergyPlus_Support] Qestions on dry bulb temp and weather file for singapore

Title: Qestions on dry bulb temp and weather file for singapore

Dear all,
We've just started using E+ to simulate the thermal performance of a simple building.
Current idf setup is a single zone with concrete walls, roof and floor, a window and a door without any HVAC.
Weather conditions are defined by using the downloaded Singapore EPW weather file.
we noticed several things:
1. The downloaded Singapore EPW weather file has data that shows dry bulb temperature peak in the morning 9am. That is obviously not correct.

2. The hourly outdoor dry bulb temperature report generated by E+ differs slightly from the raw EPW input. Why is this so?

3. The zone mean temperature generated by E+ peaks at 5pm (refer to point 5.)
4. The zone mean temperature peak is higher than the outdoor dry bulb temperature peak?!
we then replaced the dry bulb temperature data of the EPW file to measured values given by a DOE weather file. The new data reflects a peak at 3pm. We ran the simulation using the same IDF file but using the modified EPW file.

5. However, the zone mean temperature generated by E+ still peaks at 5pm, even when the EPW data has changed its peak by 6 hours.

So we wonder what we did wrongly.

I'd appreciate it very much if you advice on this matter. <<house1_2.idf>>

Thanks and regards

Dr. Stephen K. Wittkopf
Asst. Prof. Design Computing
Tel: +65 6874-3481