Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Qestions on dry bulb temp and weather file for singapore

If I understand correclty, this is a single zone with walls and roof
made of concrete located near the equator.  Since the Singapoer
weather file is broken, I found a non-IWEC TMY file on the EnergyPlus
web site for MHL_Kwajalein.Atoll_TMY.rpt ({N  8° 43'} {E 167° 43'}.

In this run, the peak indoor dry bulb of 33.4C occurs on September 29
at 18:00.  The outdoor dry bulb for that day peaks at 33.1C at 13:00.
 The solar gains drive the outside surface temperature of the roof to
51.7C at 14:00, and at 18:00 the roof temp is still at 40.8C.  The
delay is due to the thermal mass of the concrete, the fact that it is
higher than the outdoor dry bulb is due to the solar gains on the
roof.

On 10 Jul 2002, at 14:05, Stephen K Wittkopf wrote:

> 3. The zone mean temperature generated by E+ peaks at 5pm (refer to
> point 5.)
> 4. The zone mean temperature peak is higher than the outdoor dry bulb
> temperature peak?!

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Free $5 Love Reading