Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] sizing a heating system for a building

In the EnergyPlus\Examples folder, there are many sample files.  If
you simply want to control temperatures and determine the required
sensible heating/cooling capacity, the Purchased Air system is the
simplest.  See the PurchAir.idf example file.

But you will not be able to simulate spaces at 400F using EnergyPlus.
 The program assumes spaces will stay within -100C to +100C and will
stop if any surface or zone temperature exceeds that range.  Material
properties are assumed to be constant (e.g., density, specific heat,
conductivity, etc. are fixed and do not change with temperature).
Convection coefficients do vary with temperature difference, however,
the correlations are not necessarily valid for very high temperatures.

Mike Witte

On 10 Sep 2002, at 6:42, Venkat Devarakonda wrote:

> Hi!
> I just started using EnergyPlus. I am trying to size a
> heating system for a one-storeyed building that needs
> to be maintained at various temperatures ranging from
> 80 F to 400 F. How can I set these temperatures in the
> input file? How do I obtain the capacity of heating
> system (BTU/hour) required to acheive these
> temperatures as output? Is there a sample input (.idf)
> file that illustrates this problem?
> Thankyou.
> Venkat.
>
> =====