Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Unitary Systems Interaction

Your diagnosis is correct.  This has uncovered a significant bug.
Simulations with multiple FURNACE or UNITARY systems may not operate
properly.  Users should check such runs to verify that zone setpoints
are being properly met.

On 11 Oct 2002, at 16:11, Doug Benton wrote:

> I have a 3 zone building.  I am trying to control humidity within a
> range.  I've am using a separate air primary loop for each zone.  Each
> primary loop has a furnace with DX cooling coil and reheat coil.
>
> When I run the entire model, I get the warning,
>
> ** Warning ** FURNACE:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL "AHU2 UNITARYSYSTEM" --
> Exceeded max cooling iterations while adjusting compressor runtime at
> MM/DD HH:MM.mm= 3/03 13:30.00, MaxIter=15
>
> This warning repeats for AHU1, and it repeats hundreds of times for
> AHUs 1 & 2.
>
> AHU3 cooling coil is schedule off, so it does not have the same
> warning.
>
> If I delete AHUs 1 & 3 and rerun, the warning goes away.
>
> Is there a programming error that would allow separate primary loops,
> each with its own furnace and DX coil, to interact?  Would you like me
> to send a copy of the ".IDF" file?

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!