Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] RE:Thermal Conductance

Well I guess then the yahoo graphics cannot be helped. I inquired about
the archives for the following reason. I am in the habit of preserving all
mails sent to the egroup. I tend to refer to them, if I have relevant
queries. They are excellent sources of information. However, as with
free email accounts, I now face the problem of a full mail box. Which is
why I approached you for removing the advertisements. I thought that if
the archives are permanant then I could delete my personal archive and
just refer to the common why.

:) guess i will have to look for yet another solution. Do you have any
suggestions?

Shefali
Shefali Modi
M.Sc. Architecture, Environmental Technology
Art and Architecture Building 2094

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> At 12:55 PM 1/8/2003, shefali modi wrote:
> >Linda,
> >A while ago someone suggested the removal of advertisements from all
> >emails sent to the group. I think its a great idea. Advertisements make as
> >much as 30% of the email size and I have always been unhappy about the
> >space they take in my inbox. I am not sure how it can be done, but it
> >would be very helpful if you could get them to be removed. Perhaps other
> >group members may know how to do this.
>
> Yes, it may be a nice idea.  If we stick with yahoo, then they can't be
> completely eliminated.  I stopped allowing attachments -- now what I see
> for ads is a very simple few lines rather than the graphics that were
> appearing before.  For example, I see you are using yahoo mail -- it
> includes its own advertisement at the bottom of your message:

> >Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now
>

> >On a slightly different line, can you tell me how long an email is kept in
> >the egroup archives.
>
> Roughly, they will stay there until the archive gets big enough (I forget
> what the size limit is) and then they (yahoo) starts deleting from the
> end.  I have maintained the complete archive and will continue to do
> so.  Why do you ask?
>

> Linda
>
> EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
> Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
> Member: EnergyPlus Development Team

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Turn flat surfaces into speakers with the Soundbug.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/QWAVSC/onCFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM