[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: weather conversion

Hey Linda, sorry I've been so slack in answering e-mails... thanks...yes it helped.. I followed your advice, and it did finally work !! great !! I was able to convert it to epw,by just changing those dates, 1/1 and 12/31, that's a lesson learned eih !
as for the solar data, I had forgotten that I actually have some solar inputs from a former BIN file(now epw )  I got from the DOE webpage, for the monterrey area,although I will have to compare those agaist nearby cities as published in the eplus site.
I will continue to work on the whether file to run a simulation...As I gathered many data from a local meteorological station I had to simplify much of its behavior by assuming common temperature ranges over a month (sampling max and min temps from about 20% of the days ) and tracing a sinusoidal curve ( around a mean temperatura for every day)  just as the eplus design day multiplier feature. However I found that temperature falls off reasonable limits for some days of the month... (as checked agaist the Formaer BIN file)
on the other hand, for the most critic months ( july thru sept) I used the data as was reported daily, resulting pretty much in the same behavior as the BIN file I got for MTY...
anyway...I was wondering..would there be any other valid method or similar adjustement somehow made by someone in the past, rather than just swinging a manmade range about a mean valor.... how valid would it be to do this (after all we're playin' mother nature when it comes to simulate wheater random behavior !) I guess have to post this in the page too ...
thanks a lot
Hector Ed Huerta

 "Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxx>" <linda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Hi.

i set up my test machine so that it would recognize Spanish
(Mexico) as the input data. Then, after I fix the DATA PERIODs line
in the .csv file:

Number of Data Periods [DP],Number of Intervals per Hour,DP
Name/Description,DP Start Day of Week,DP Start Day, DP End
Day,Periods>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1,1,Data,Sunday, 1/ 1,Dic-
31,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

(above represents two lines) I changed so it looks like:
Number of Data Periods [DP],Number of Intervals per Hour,DP
Name/Description,DP Start Day of Week,DP Start Day, DP End
Day,Periods>,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1,1,Data,Sunday, 1/ 1,12/31,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Then run the WeatherConverter to convert from CSV to whatever, the
file runs properly. The EPW file looks correct -- with it
recognizing the input month, etc.

As to Solar -- what I would do if I were you would be to download one
of the new IWEC files for a Mexican site and use that solar Direct
and Diffuse. (Horizontal IR can be calculated by either the weather
converter or EnergyPlus but it uses the opaque and total sky cover
fields -- if those are 99 or the missing value, it assumes 5 (50%
coverage).

Hope this helps.

Linda

Gracias por leer este mensaje