Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Parameter Sensitivity

Ruchi:

I would suggest that you start with a simple system first, such as
purchased air.  Change the level of internal loads and see how the
heating and cooling loads change just to convince yourself that
things are responding as you expect.  Then move on to a simple single-
zone system, such as window AC and see how the energy consumption
changes.  To understand the thermal comfort results, see the
Engineering Reference for a detailed description of the calculations.

Mike

On 9 Feb 2003, at 16:15, Ruchi Choudhary wrote:

> Dear e+ users:
>
> I am trying to figure out the changes in certain output variables in
> response to varying values of some environmental variables: a
> parametric study of sorts.
>
> I am primarily looking at Heating and Cooling Energy, Mean
> Temperatures, and the comfort values in response to changes in mean
> air velocity (for comfort), setpoint temperatures (for energy
> consumption),  and supply air temperatures (for energy, temperatures
> and comfort).
>
> I am wondering if there is a study compiled for energy plus
> that records the sensitivity of the output to changes in environmental
> or system parameters? So far I have only found the set-point
> temperatures to yield any significant changes in the output. I am not
> interested in changes in geometry, materials or exposed glass area but
> those variables that are typically considered by a consultant during
> the energy analysis process.
>

> I realize that typically this is a very simulation-dependent question,
> but I have tried all combinations: a exterior-load dominated case vs.
> interior using purchased air, then the same case using a fully
> described system (DDVAV), and also with DDVAV:autosize. In each case,
> I find it difficult to determine the importance of the value of a
> certain input parameter vs. another.
>

> Looking forward to your feedback,
>
> ruchi.

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx