Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: help

For item 4 "Filtration/ Air Cleaning to reduce OA requirements as
allowed by Standard 62 5. Run Around Loop 6. Underfloor air
distribution", there is no automatic adjustment.  You would need to
determine the allowed reduction and specify different OA flow rates.

For item 6 "Underfloor air distribution", it is possible to
approximate this using the current supply plenum model, but
EnergyPlus zones are currently well-mixed, so you cannot model the
stratification effects.  Work is underway for a 2-node stratification
model, but I do not know the target completion date.  One other
consideration with current capabilities is the rejection of equipment
heat into the return air.  The EnergyPlus LIGHTS object has this
capability and could be used as a proxy for other electric equipment
by setting the fraction visible to zero.

Mike

On 10 Feb 2003, at 22:55, don_shirey shirey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 3. Desiccant Wheel can already be modeled (object = DESICCANT
> DEHUMIDIFIER:SOLID)
>
> A model for an enthalpy recovery wheel (latent + sensible) should be
> included in the next release (Version 1.1).
>
> A model for CO2-based demand ventilation is coming later this year.
> In the meantime, you can simply schedule the outdoor ventilation air
> using the same schedule you use for occupancy.  This will at least
> give you a first-order approximation.
>
> Please clarify what you mean by runaround loops:  sensible heat
> recovery from exhaust air to preheat incoming ventilation air,
> or air-to-air heat exchanger used to improve the dehumidification
> performance of a cooling coil.
>
> I'm not sure about the status of the other areas.
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "liu simeng"
> <simon0176@h...> wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me which one can be modeled in E+ in the following
> list:
> >
> > 1. CO2-based demand ventilation
> > 2. Latent Heat Wheel
> > 3. Dessicant Wheel
> > 4. Filtration/ Air Cleaning to reduce OA requirements as allowed by
> > Standard 62 5. Run Around Loop 6. Underfloor air distribution
> >
> > Thank you for your help!
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Simeng Liu

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx