Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ground loop heat exchanger

This type of situation, where direct coupling is required, is
intended to be handled with the free cooling heat exchanger. The
FreeCoolingChiller.idf example file currently has a chiller and
cooling tower but it should be possible to use any similar plant and
condenser equipment. Running the radiant panel on the condenser loop
is not a problem. Switching between direct coupling and heat pump is
more difficult.  If you plan to use the heat pump only for heating
and the direct heat exchanger only for cooling, then you should have
no problem hooking up the cooling side of the hydronic panel or fan
coil to the condenser loop and the heating side to a hot water supply
loop containing a HEATPUMP:WATERTOWATER HEATING.

Mike

On 5 May 2003, at 16:55, zhaicq98 wrote:

> I posted this message just now, but it seems it did not appear in the
> newsgroup. Here I am sending it again...
>
> I read from the manual that the ground loop heat exchanger is part of
> condenser loop in E+. Does it mean the ground loop heat exchanger can
> not be used directly, but have to be used together with heat pump or
> chiller?
>
> What I am trying to simulate is a system where the cool water from
> ground heat exchanger is used directly in the fan coil unit or radiate
> panel for space cooling in summer. While in winter, the ground heat
> exchanger is used together with a heat pump. The hot water from the
> heat pump is piped into the fan coil unit or radiate panel for space
> heating.
>
> Can it be done in E+? Thanks

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx