Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Zone return air path

The return air problem is an interesting one.  Say for example, you have
compartment fans on each floor and a single OA fan serving all floors.  A
portion of the return air on each floor goes to the compartment fan (or fan
coils, heat pumps, etc) and a portion goes to relief - which may be through
a heat recovery system connecting fresh air and relief  air.  How would you
model that in EnergyPlus?  My guess is that you can't.

>Hi Chunming:
>
>I am trying to find out if this limit can be increased.  If not, you
>are limited to 10 plenums per air primary loop.  You cannot use more
>than one return air path in an air loop, so you would need to use 2
>air primary loops in your building.  We do not have any examples of
>this.  You need to repeat the air primary loop and all of its
>subcomponents (branch list, main branch, coils, fan, supply air path,
>return air path, controllers, etc.).  Your chilled water/hot water
>supply loops can serve both air loops.
>
>Mike
>
>On 22 Apr 2003, at 23:14, HSIEH Chun-Ming wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am chunming. I have a question about zone return air path.
> > In each of the "ZONE RETURN AIR PATH",  there is a limitation that at
> > most 10 component can be input. But now, I am simulating a building
> > with 15F, each story with a plenum on it. That means 15 plenums here.
> > Do I need to create the other new zone return air path or even a air
> > primary loop in this case? Is there any example with mutiple air paths
> > or air primary loop in E+? Thank you very much.
> >
> > Chunming

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
>folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Chris Jones, P. Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-8249

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchNetworking.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchNetworking.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YyjvfD/OLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM