Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fancoil total cooling power rate & total water cooling coil power rate

Miguel,
The first thing you need to do is take one of your Fan Coil units and set
the Maximum Outside Air = 0.0 and then look at the reports.  When you do
this then you will see exactly what you expect in the reports, ie. Total >
Sensible, and Total Water Coil Cooling Rate = Fan Coil Total Cooling Rate +
Fan Power. After you are confident that the variables are reporting what
you expect then add the mixed air stream to the results.  Total Q across
the unit is just the enthalpy change and the sensible Q across the unit is
the change in enthalpy at a constant inlet humidity ratio.

Total Enthalpy
QTotUnitOut = AirMassFlow * (Node(OutletNode)%Enthalpy -
Node(InletNode)%Enthalpy)

Sensible Change
QUnitOut = AirMassFlow *
(PsyHTW(Node(OutletNode)%Temp,Node(InletNode)%HumRat)  &
                           -
PsyHTW(Node(InletNode)%Temp,Node(InletNode)%HumRat))

Remember that these variables are looking across the entire unit including
the mixed air contributions.

For the example case that I was looking at and when you look at and report
the Temperature and Humidity Ratio at each node location, ie. FanCoil1
#          Description
5,      ZONE1FANCOILAIRINLETNODE
56, ZONE1FANCOILEXHNODE
1,      ZONE1FANCOILOAINNODE
59, ZONE1FANCOILOAMIXEROUTLETNODE
62, ZONE1FANCOILFANOUTLETNODE
65, ZONE1FANCOILCCOUTLETNODE
4,      ZONE1FANCOILAIROUTLETNODE

You will find that the Latent Load added through the mixed air is greater
than what is extracted by the Cooling Coil.

Thanks
Dr. Richard J. Liesen  Ph.D. M.E.
Associate Director, Building Systems Laboratory
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM