Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Swimming pool, latent loads as function of rel hum and air temp

E+ is probably not going to do the job for you unless you write some
custom modules.  The best you can do is to schedule a latent load.  If
you use a DX coil for dehumidification, you may not get proper part load
performance.  I have looked at modeling equipment such as a Dectron type
system and also find that E+ operating controls are not yet flexible
enough to model operations such an minimum run time for compressors.

I did manage to model loads for a swimming pool.  I did this with
Purchased Air set to the discharge air conditions of the mechanical
equipment under AC operation when at the manufacturer's specification
for standard 82F 50% return air conditions.  In my case I found that
there was insufficient cooling capacity with the units selected for this
pool for peak load conditions, but I was unable to model actual
equipment performance or space conditions for the undersized equipment.

Ned Lyon

Senior Staff Engineer
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.

41 Seyon Street
Building #1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA  02453

Phone:  781-907-9000
Fax:  781-907-9009

>>> Christian.Struck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 8/18/2003 7:10:49 AM >>>
Dear E+ user,

We are facing the task to model a swimming pool in order to obtain
design
loads for hum and dehum.
Since the evaporation rate of the water depends strongly on the
internal
temp and rel hum, we would like to apply this dependency as function to
the
latent load (evaporation rate) of the pool. Your advice on how to set
up a
latent load accordingly would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Christian

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM