[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: humidity control

Hello,
I am trying on simulating the Zone Control:humidistat. But, ....
Except the Zone/Sys Moisture Load Rate Predicted has some change,
other outputs including Air Humidity Ratio and Zone Air Relative
Humidity were exactly the same as the output of the file that doesnt
have the Humidistat.
Is there any example talking about the Humidistat?
Thank you very much.

Chunming

donbshireyiii wrote:

> As stated previously in this forum, we are aware of this issue
> and a model will be added later this year to account for latent
> degradation of cycling coils.  It will be included in the next major
> release of EnergyPlus (Spring 2004).
>
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Edward Lyon"
> <eglyon@s...>
> wrote:
> > I am not sure that I would trust the results of a humidistat setting
> > when running a DX cooling coil system.  The humidistat can probably
> make
> > the cooling coil operate, but the part load operation of the DX
> coil
> is
> > currently not calculating a proper SHR correction for part load
> > operation.  If you were to run a simple model and double the size
> of
> > DX cooling coil, you would see that there is more dehumidification
> under
> > part load conditions with the larger unit.  This is counter to
> observed
> > field performance of real DX equipment.  Your model probably over
> > dehumidifies the space with part-load cooling and consequently never
> > trips the humidistat operation when you most need it. Consequently,
> > until the DX cooling model is modified, I would not trust either the
> > calculated interior conditions or the energy consumption of an added
> > humidistat control used with DX cooling.
> >
> > Ned Lyon
> >
> > Senior Staff Engineer
> > Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
> >
> > 41 Seyon Street
> > Building #1, Suite 500
> > Waltham, MA  02453
> >
> > Phone:  781-907-9000
> > Fax:  781-907-9009

> > Yes the DX cooling coil responds to the humidistat.  Look at the
> > documentation for the object UNITARYSYSTEM:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL or
> > FURNACE:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL. Look at the fields related to "high
> > humidity control".
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "zhaicq98"
> <chaoqinz@a...>
> > wrote:
> > > Mike,
> > >
> > > Does the DX cooling coil respond to the humidistat? I compared
> two
> > > files, one with humidistat object, another one without
> humidistat.
> > > But the output of indoor air condition and energy consumption is
> > > exactly the same.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Chaoqin
> > >
> > > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"

> the
> > > specified

> > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate
> > folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> [...]

HSIEH Chun-Ming, Doctor Student
   Hanaki & Aramaki Laboratory,
   Department of Urban and Environmental Engineering,
   Graduate School of Engineering,
   The University of Tokyo
Tel: +81-3-5841-6248
Fax: +81-3-5841-8530