Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: humidity control

Adding a humidistat will have no effect unless the appropriate HVAC
equipment is present and activated.

For dehumidification, the only equipment which currently responds to
a humidistat is FURNACE:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL and
UNITARYSYSTEM:BLOWTHRU:HEATCOOL with "high humidity control"=yes.
See the FurnaceWithDXSystemRHcontrol.idf example file.

For humidification, you also need a SET POINT MANAGER:SINGLE ZONE MIN
HUM and a HUMIDIFIER:STEAM:ELECTRICAL object.  See the CVRhMinHum.idf
example file.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support