Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Data for EnergyPlus

Hello, everybody!

Dru,

Are there any chance that you publish weather data in EnergyPlus format
from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil?

Best regards,

Paulo Roberto
prln@xxxxxxxxxx

annedru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>As you know, we have weather data in EnergyPlus format for almost 600
>locations worldwide available for download on our web site
>(www.energyplus.gov).
>
>For your use, we have just uploaded a spreadsheet to the YahooGroups site
>which
>lists all the EPW files currently available and summarizes key weather
>statistics, including:
>   Location latitude, longitude, time zone, elevation, standard pressure,
>   and WMO identifier
>   Design conditions for heating, cooling, coincident wet bulb, and annual
>   max and min temps
>   Annual heating and cooling degree days
>   Köppen climate classification
>   Seasons, typical and extreme weeks, and tropical wet/dry periods
>
>But we know that a number of major cities are not represented in this set
>(Hong Kong, Lisbon,
>to name two). We recently received a set of almost 60 locations in Italy,
>and another 50 in
>Japan.  We hope to publish those on the web site before the end of the
>year.
>

>Two requests:
>
>1.  If you have weather data that you'd be willing to share with the
>EnergyPlus user community
>(and know the source and are willing to have published on the web site),
>please contact me.
>
>2.  If there are locations that you need EPW format weather data for,
>please let me know.  We
>have several tools that we can use to 'create' weather data from statistics
>including WeatherMaker,
>Meteonorm, and WeatherGen.  The data will be statistically derived but you
>can compare the
>statistics against other nearby locations to ensure that you are
>comfortable.
>
>Dru Crawley
>DOE

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.
No Late Fees & Free Shipping.
Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JYdFFC/XP.FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM