[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Weather Data for EnergyPlus

(First, apologies for the strange email address yesterday...
my office has blocked yahoo mail so I'm having to send messages
through another account.)

If you want to reply directly to me, use:   drury.crawley@xxxxxxxxxx

Paulo, to answer your question...
I can create a file for you for Rio if you need one.

Dru

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paulo Roberto <prln@b...>
wrote:
> Hello, everybody!
>
> Dru,
>
> Are there any chance that you publish weather data in EnergyPlus
format
> from Rio de Janeiro, Brasil?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paulo Roberto
> prln@b...
>
> annedru@e... wrote:
>
> >As you know, we have weather data in EnergyPlus format for almost
600
> >locations worldwide available for download on our web site
> >(www.energyplus.gov).
> >
> >For your use, we have just uploaded a spreadsheet to the
YahooGroups site
> >which
> >lists all the EPW files currently available and summarizes key
weather
> >statistics, including:
> >   Location latitude, longitude, time zone, elevation, standard
pressure,
> >   and WMO identifier
> >   Design conditions for heating, cooling, coincident wet bulb,
and annual
> >   max and min temps
> >   Annual heating and cooling degree days
> >   Köppen climate classification
> >   Seasons, typical and extreme weeks, and tropical wet/dry
periods

> >But we know that a number of major cities are not represented in
this set
> >(Hong Kong, Lisbon,
> >to name two). We recently received a set of almost 60 locations
in Italy,
> >and another 50 in
> >Japan.  We hope to publish those on the web site before the end
of the
> >year.
> >

> >Two requests:
> >
> >1.  If you have weather data that you'd be willing to share with
the
> >EnergyPlus user community
> >(and know the source and are willing to have published on the web
site),
> >please contact me.
> >
> >2.  If there are locations that you need EPW format weather data
for,
> >please let me know.  We
> >have several tools that we can use to 'create' weather data from
statistics
> >including WeatherMaker,
> >Meteonorm, and WeatherGen.  The data will be statistically
derived but you
> >can compare the
> >statistics against other nearby locations to ensure that you are
> >comfortable.
> >
> >Dru Crawley
> >DOE

> >The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
> >http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> >The group web site is:
> >
> >Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ArdFIC/hP.FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM