[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Energy and Electricity outputs

I am running 3 simple Heat pumps serving 3 simple classes.
I know the RDD file very well but I don't know which report variable
to choose in order to find the electricity demand by the Heat
pumps.For the cooling and heating energy supplied for the room air, I
use the  zone/sys sensible heating  and cooling report/ Is this
correct ?
Another thing : I noticed that the report meter :
Electricity:Facility gives me a value much bigger than the sum of :
zone/sys sensible heating + sensible cooling + lightning. can you
tell me why ?

Thanks
Itamar

 --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> That depends on the particular system type.  Chillers have a report
> variable for COP.  For other equipment types, you need to report
the
> load and energy use and calculate COP.  Look in the RDD output file
> for a complete list of available report variables for your run.
>
> Mike
>

> On 7 Oct 2003, at 9:16, itamargoldberger wrote:
>
> > Michael Hi !
> > I want to find the COP of The systems in my file.
> > As you know, The COP is changing with the enviromant and inside
> > demand temperatures .
> > All I wanted is an output telling me what was the load on the HVAC
> > system for cooling/heating and how much electricity it demanded.
All
> > the output report variables I found were the energy devided by the
> > time ( for example : x [j] for hourly energy and x/3600 [W] for
that
> > hour electricity demand . how can I get the COP from those
details ?

> > Thanks
> >
> > Eng. Itamar G.
> > NBRI Technion
> >

> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
> > <mjwitte@g...> wrote:
> > > I am not sure if I understand your question completely.  Total
> > > electric consumption [J] for the building and systems is
available
> > > from:
> > >
> > >   Report Meter,
> > >     Electricity:Facility,  !- Meter_Name
> > >     hourly;  !- Reporting_Frequency
> > >
> > > By dividing this result by the length of the reporting period,
this
> > > can also be used to represent demand.
> > >
> > > Or if you add an ELECTRIC LOAD CENTER:DISTRIBUTION object, then
you
> > > can report electric demand [W] as a report variable:
> > >
> > >   Report Variable,
> > >     *,  !- Key_Value
> > >     Total Electric Demand,  !- Variable_Name
> > >     Hourly!- Reporting_Frequency
> > >
> > > See the Input Output Reference, p. 702-704 and example file
> > > Generators.idf
> > >
> > > Mike

> > compare
> > > >

> > > ========================================================
> > > Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
> > > EnergyPlus Testing and Support
> > > EnergyPlus-Support@g...

> > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for
your
> > HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on
orders
> > $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

> Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
> EnergyPlus Testing and Support