[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Weather Data for EnergyPlus

Hello Dru,

I have weather data for Kuwait. One file I downloaded from a DOE
site. More weather data for Kuwait I have from Kuwait Institute for
Scientific Research (KISR). How would you like me to send you the
files so the data can be arranged in a format that is acceptable to
energy plus. Can you please advice me.

Many thanks,
Yehya

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, annedru@e... wrote:
> As you know, we have weather data in EnergyPlus format for almost
600
> locations worldwide available for download on our web site
> (www.energyplus.gov).
>
> For your use, we have just uploaded a spreadsheet to the
YahooGroups site
> which
> lists all the EPW files currently available and summarizes key
weather
> statistics, including:
>    Location latitude, longitude, time zone, elevation, standard
pressure,
>    and WMO identifier
>    Design conditions for heating, cooling, coincident wet bulb, and
annual
>    max and min temps
>    Annual heating and cooling degree days
>    Köppen climate classification
>    Seasons, typical and extreme weeks, and tropical wet/dry periods
>
> But we know that a number of major cities are not represented in
this set
> (Hong Kong, Lisbon,
> to name two). We recently received a set of almost 60 locations in
Italy,
> and another 50 in
> Japan.  We hope to publish those on the web site before the end of
the
> year.
>

> Two requests:
>
> 1.  If you have weather data that you'd be willing to share with the
> EnergyPlus user community
> (and know the source and are willing to have published on the web
site),
> please contact me.
>
> 2.  If there are locations that you need EPW format weather data
for,
> please let me know.  We
> have several tools that we can use to 'create' weather data from
statistics
> including WeatherMaker,
> Meteonorm, and WeatherGen.  The data will be statistically derived
but you
> can compare the
> statistics against other nearby locations to ensure that you are
> comfortable.
>
> Dru Crawley
> DOE

Rent DVDs Online - Over 14,500 titles.