Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Comparing HeatPump and “Purchased air”

1.  I would expect that the net heating and cooling delivered to the zones
would stay the same if both system are maintaining the same space temperatures.
 Check the meter details output file (*.mtd) to see if the same variables are
on this meter in both of your runs.  Also, check to see if your space
temperatures are the same in both runs.

2.  Changing the supply air temperature should not impact the purchased air
loads.  I ran the PurchAir example file with heating supply air temperatures of
40C, 50C, and 60C, and all three runs showed exactly the same heating energy.
So, I do not understand why you are seeing a difference.

Mike

On 3 Dec 2003, at 13:44, itamargoldberger wrote:

> Hi All !
> I was running the same building twice: One with heat pump system from
> the "Heat pump" example file, and the other with no system, only
> with "Purchased air".
> I did it in order to learn about my building's energy thermal loads
> and my system COP.
> I found out 2 interesting facts:
> 1.	The energy parameters I thought that wouldn't change
> (Heating:EnergyTransfer and Cooling:EnergyTransfer)  ? were very
> different between the run with the system and without it.
> 2.	In the purchased air solution, There is a difference within
> the heating energy depending on the heating supply air temperature
> (while I thought that it's don't have to be, because the energy
> supplied to the zones is the air heat flow * the air volume, and if
> I "Purchase" hot air ? it doesn't matter what it's temperature
> because the volume is not being determined by me).
>
> What are the report parameters that talk about the thermal load by
> the building? I need it to compare it with the electricity demand and
> calculate my system COP.
> Is there have to be a difference within the heating energy depending
> on the heating supply air temperature in "Purchased air"?
> Thanks
> Itamar Goldberger   B.S.c
> NBRI     Technion, Israel

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> in the Files are of the Support Web Site.

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511