Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Flow rate

Hi, Michael,

Thank you for your help. I am thinking to use "zone, system and plant sizing" to get the flow rates. Do you think it is possible?  It seems that "sizing " is just for design days. If I want to run system like a whole year, I have to specify all the flow rates by hand. Is it right?

Sincerely,
Alan

"Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
The max flow rate in the air loop main branch is usually set to equal the sum
of the max flow rates of the terminal units.  In your case, if you air loop
serves a single zone, then the max flow rate should equal the max damper air
flow rate of 0.47 m3/s.  The fan max flow rate should be the same.  The fan min
flow rate is set by the min flow rate of the terminal untis.  This is all just
continuity.  Look at your system diagram and once you know the flow rates of
the terminal units, then you can figure out the flow rates for the other
components.  Or you can use the sizing features to set these values for you.

Mike

On 2 Jun 2004, at 9:03, pizzaalan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure how to choose max flow rate for air loop main branch,
> (1.3 m3/s in example), max plant loop volumetric flow rate (0.0011
> m3/s in example), max damper air flow rate (0.47 m3/s).
>
> Also, I am not sure how to pick up pump ( pump head? rated
> volumetric flow rate), Fan max & min flow rate?
>
> I will appreciate if anyone gives me a guide. Thanks.
>
> Alan

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links