Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] purchased hot water energy for two systems

Are the zone mean air temperatures identical in both runs?  My guess is that
one of the systems is not meeting the zone setpoint which would explain why the
amount of heating energy is different.  Specific variables you should be
looking at to understand what is happening are:

Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Rate
Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate
Zone/Sys Air Temp
Baseboard Heating Rate
Total Water Heating Coil Rate
Plant Loop Heating Demand
Purchased Hot Water Rate
Pump Heat To Fluid

(or the energy equivalent of each of these).

The yahoo list does not accept attachments, so I cannot see your input or
results.  If you cannot find the problem, either upload the file(s) to the
files area in the yahoo group or send as a zipped attachment to energyplus-
support@xxxxxxxx.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support