Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Heating load

The heating load problem is due to invalid values in the "Control Type SCHEDULE
Name" for ZONE CONTROL:THERMOSTATIC.  This run uses thermostat control type 1
(Single heating setpoint) and control type 2 (Single cooling setpoint).  With
these thermostat types, the control type schedule must contain values of 1 to
indicate when heating is available and 2 to indicate when cooling is active.
The specified schedule, "yearly", contains values which are all less than 1.0,
which is interpreted as control type zero which means no heating or cooling.
See the Input Output Reference, p. 630 (pdf p. 658) for more explanation of the
thermostat control type.

Also, I notice that the same schedule name "yearly" has been used in the PEOPLE
object for "Number of People SCHEDULE Name" and for "Activity level SCHEDULE
Name".  This fractional schedule is appropriate for the number of people, but
the activity level schedule is in W/person (not a fraction) and should have
values in the range of 100 to 900 W/person.  See the Input Output Reference, p.
193 (pdf p. 221) for more explanation.

Mike

On 6 Aug 2004, at 15:45, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> Anne-Sophie,
>
>   I had asked someone to look at the heating load but I think they have
> been out of the office all week.
>
> At 03:29 PM 8/6/2004, amerot44 wrote:
> >"Base surface does not surround subsurface (CHKSBS)
> >Surface "OBJ:0001" misses SubSurface "SUBOBJ:0038"
>
> This one means that your subsurface SubObj:0038 is running over the
> boundary of the base surface (Obj:0001).  Maybe it's right on the line with the
> base object.  Sometimes, you can look at the DXF and see it clearly.
>
> >I also got the following error:
> >"Invalid Data Found on Weather Data File"
>
> Invalid Data Found on Weather Data file
> Invalid Weather Codes, Number of items = 866
>
> "Weather Codes" is the Field Present Weather Codes.  There were 866
> occurrences in your weather file of these.  If you run the weather
> converter on this file, it may give you more information.  (Like 866 lines of it
> -- in the audit file).
>

> Linda
>
> EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
> Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list