Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Calculating Cooling Loads?

And, the space can overheat if there are internal gains and no way to cool the
space.  To cool the zone and calculate cooling loads, you can use Purchased Air
(see the PurchAir example file).  Purchased Air is useful for calculating
cooling loads, but latent loads are only very approximate.

Mike

On 28 Sep 2004, at 15:41, Linda Lawrie wrote:

> If you are using the 1ZoneUncontrolled.idf as your example, the
> constructions in that are all "R" and the message you are getting may be
> indicative of no thermal mass (such as "just" R walls would give you).
>
> At 01:28 PM 9/28/2004, s_halbot wrote:
> >infiltration. Just wondering if you may know what it is that is
> >causing the error
> >** Severe  ** Temperature out of bounds (223.80) for surface=ROOF
> > >    **   ~~~   ** occuring in simulation=ST JOHN'S NF CAN WYEC2-B-
> > > 14521 WMO#=718010 at 01/01 00:45.
> >I've checked and rechecked the materials properties as the error
> >script suggested, and they appear fine.  Any further suggestions
> >would be appreciated.
>
> Linda
>
> EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
> Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list